In loving memory…
of Benjamin McGraw, a Concord University freshman who loved golf, boxing, skiing and time with his family and friends. He had graduated from the Hank Haney International Junior Golf Academy in Hilton Head, S.C. His love of golf also included teaching young golfers at The First Tee of Beckley each summer and he planned to attend the Golf Academy of America in pursuit of a career working with the future participants of the game he was so passionate about. As we celebrate the 10th anniversary of this annual event, we continue to honor Ben and his family who have always dedicated themselves to growing the game not only in Raleigh County but throughout the state of West Virginia.
PROCEEDS BENEFIT THE YOUTH PARTICIPANTS IN RALEIGH COUNTY
EVENT: “The” Ben McGraw First Tee Classic
DATE: Thursday, October 3, 2019
TIME: 9:00am Registration | 11:00am Shotgun
COURSE: Cobb Course
FORMAT: 4-Person Scramble
PRIZES: Trophy’s will be presented to the 1st PLACE TEAM | Gift Certificates will be awarded to the TOP 3 TEAMS
RAFFLE: 5 Tickets for $20, purchase on-site at registration
STAYING AT THE RESORT AT GLADE SPRINGS: The First Tee of West Virginia has negotiated a discounted rate for our participants who wish to stay overnight on Wednesday, October 2, 2019. The rate being extended is $155+ for a room in The Inn and $135+ for an Executive Suite. Please note that upgrade fees may apply if you wish to stay in a different room type than the ones being offered. Additionally, this rate is not able to be combined with any packages or offer advertised separately on the website.
— To make reservations, please call 800-634-5233 (option 1) FOR assistance —
Room Block Name: Ben McGraw 2019
Self Parking: Complimentary
Deposit: A deposit equal to the first night’s room and tax will be required
Cancellation: A seven (7) day cancellation period applies. Any attendee who cancels their reservation within seven (7) days of arrival will forfeit their deposit
ABOUT THE COBB COURSE: This one-of-a-kind golf course at The Resort at Glade Springs was designed by the prolific golf course architect, George Cobb. Stretching over 7,121 yards from the black tees, the Cobb Course has strategically placed fairway bunkers that will surely put your golfing skills to test. The Cobb Course holds pride with its place among golf courses in West Virginia and all of North America. In fact, Golf Digest consistently ranks the Cobb Course among the top 5 in the state and is one of the most celebrated West Virginia golf courses. The Cobb Course is home to the U.S. Open qualifier, the West Virginia Open, and the NCAA National Championships. The Resort at Glade Springs has now joined forces with the PGA TOUR, and the Cobb Course will again host the Prequalifier and Monday Qualifier for The Greenbrier Classic.
UPON ARRIVAL TO THE RESORT AT GLADE SPRINGS:
– Please allow time to register as a guest at the guard gate when arriving at the resort. Also, ensure your license is ready for the guard.
– Proceed to The Golf Club where you will park and visit the Registration Tent located outside of the Golf Pro Shop
– Raffle tickets can be purchased and tee gifts will be given out at Registration
– The Driving Range & Putting Green will be available for all prior to the round
– Golf Carts will be assigned and staff will assist with getting your bag onto the correct cart
– Call to Carts & Announcements will begin at 10:45am with Shotgun Start planned for 11:00am
FOLLOWING YOUR ROUND:
– Carts will be returned to The Golf Club
– Scorecards will be turned in at the scoring area located near the back porch of Bunkers Sports Bar
– Check your raffle ticket numbers on the boards to see if you have won any prizes
– Bunkers Sports Bar will be available for all participants following the round
– Awards will be given out once all scorecards have been turned in and winners have been determined