In loving memory…
of Benjamin McGraw, a Concord University freshman who loved golf, boxing, skiing and time with his family and friends. He had graduated from the Hank Haney International Junior Golf Academy in Hilton Head, S.C. His love of golf also included teaching young golfers at The First Tee of Beckley each summer and he planned to attend the Golf Academy of America in pursuit of a career working with the future participants of the game he was so passionate about. As we celebrate the 12th anniversary of this annual event, we continue to honor Ben and his family who have always dedicated themselves to growing the game not only in Raleigh County but throughout the state of West Virginia.
PROCEEDS BENEFIT THE YOUTH PARTICIPANTS IN RALEIGH COUNTY
EVENT: “The” Ben McGraw First Tee Classic
DATE: Friday, October 9, 2020
TIME: Tee Times: May be requested between 8am-12pm. First come first serve.
COURSE: Cobb Course
FORMAT: 4-Person Scramble
PRIZES: Trophy’s will be presented to the 1st PLACE TEAM | Gift Certificates will be awarded to the TOP 3 TEAMS
RAFFLE: Tickets can be purchased for $20 on the 1st tee
STAYING AT THE RESORT AT GLADE SPRINGS: First Tee of West Virginia has negotiated a discounted rate for our participants who wish to stay overnight on Thursday, October 8, 2020. The rate being extended is $155+ for a room in The Inn and $135+ for an Executive Suite. Please note that upgrade fees may apply if you wish to stay in a different room type than the ones being offered. Additionally, this rate is not able to be combined with any packages or offer advertised separately on the website.
— To make reservations, please call 1.877.814.7316
Room Block Name: When making your reservation, mention that you are with “The” Ben McGraw First Tee Classic
Self Parking: Complimentary
Deposit: A deposit equal to the first night’s room and tax will be required
Cancellation: A seven (7) day cancellation period applies. Any attendee who cancels their reservation within seven (7) days of arrival will forfeit their deposit
ABOUT THE COBB COURSE: This one-of-a-kind golf course at The Resort at Glade Springs was designed by the prolific golf course architect, George Cobb. Stretching over 7,121 yards from the black tees, the Cobb Course has strategically placed fairway bunkers that will surely put your golfing skills to test. The Cobb Course holds pride with its place among golf courses in West Virginia and all of North America. In fact, Golf Digest consistently ranks the Cobb Course among the top 5 in the state and is one of the most celebrated West Virginia golf courses. The Cobb Course is home to the U.S. Open qualifier, the West Virginia Open, and the NCAA National Championships and formerly hosted the Prequalifier and Monday Qualifier for The Greenbrier Classic and A Military Tribute at The Greenbrier PGA Tour Event.
UPON ARRIVAL TO THE RESORT AT GLADE SPRINGS:
– Please allow time to register as a guest at the guard gate when arriving at the resort. Also, ensure your license is ready for the guard.
– Raffle tickets can be purchased and tee gifts will be given out on the 1st tee
– The Driving Range & Putting Green will be available for all prior to the round
– Golf Carts will be assigned and staff will assist with getting your bag onto the correct cart
FOLLOWING YOUR ROUND:
– Carts will be returned to The Golf Club
– Scorecards will be turned in at the scoring area located on the back porch by the golf shop
– Check your raffle ticket numbers on the boards to see if you have won any prizes
– Bunkers Sports Bar will be available for all participants following the round
– Awards will be given out once all scorecards have been turned in and winners have been determined