Life Skills Experience
The First Tee uses golf to teach youth life lessons and leadership skills. Sessions include a fun, group setting for youth ages 5 to 18 regardless of background or previous experience. Teaming up with experts in positive youth development, The First Tee helps youth become good golfers and even better people.
A Youth Program Unlike Any Other
The First Tee emphasizes Nine Core Values: honesty, integrity, sportsmanship, respect, confidence, responsibility, perseverance, courtesy and judgment. Through golf and our core values, your kids and teens will learn life skills like:
- Making proper introductions
- Managing emotions
- Resolving conflicts
- Setting up step-by-step goals
- Planning for the future
- Appreciating diversity
Advancing through the Program
From age 5 through 18, youth progress through different levels by demonstrating The First Tee Nine Core Values, life and golf skills as well as passing an assessment. All participants regardless of age start at the PLAYer level. The pinnacle of The First Tee is completing Ace.
- Little General Juniors (ages 5&6) – Learn the golf FUNdamentals and The First Tee’s Code of Conduct
- PLAYer (ages 7+) – Tee up for the first time and learn the game of golf and The First Tee’s Code of Conduct.
- Par (ages 9+ & passed PLAYer certification) – Focus on interpersonal and self-management skills on and off the course.
- Birdie (ages 11+ & passed Par certification) – Emphasis on setting goals and making them a reality.
- Eagle (ages 13+ & passed Birdie certification) – Learn resilience, conflict resolution, and future planning.
- Ace (ages 14+ & passed Eagle certification) – Put it all together and hone in on setting goals, career education, and giving back to the community.
The Power of Relationships
The First Tee coaches are trained to create positive relationships that inspire youth to discover their individual potential. Our programs help young people build confidence, develop respect and appreciate the value of giving back to our community all while learning the lifelong sport of golf.